3/15/13

I've done been Liebstered!



" And the award for best blog goes to..."
~Jack Nicholson 

In December it came to my attention that I was awarded the Leibster award, by the amazing and talented Darrell Empey over at a 28mmbrain.What an honor, especially from someone we know on the west coast (California) as the Da Vinci of the miniatures world. Due to crazy life and work, it wasn't till now that I could accept this. Thank you Mr. E, and thank you all out there for coming to look at my toys and share your toys in trade with me.

The rules for a Leibster are quite simple:
1. Copy/paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it to you.
2. Pass the award to your top 5 favorite blogs with less than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.
3. Sit back and bask in the warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing you have made someone's day!
4. There is no obligation to pass this onto someone else but its nice if you take the time to do so.

And the winners are: 

Mike Siggins' unfashionably shiny blog reminds us all where our roots really are in this crazy mixed up world of toy soldiers. His love for the old school, and hist historical brings a gravitas much needed in our hobby;  additionally, Siggins has that canny dry Brit humor that just makes me giggle.
http://unfashionablyshiny.blogspot.com/

The Baron's blog- Every time I gander at the Baron's blog, he's having fun- lots of it. I live vicariously through him, so he is nominated. Oh, and he has a cool blog name and monikier  (or is that monocle)

A fist full of seamen!- Well, it's chock full of piratical, and rum, and cool ships, and ships bells and, and... and I love blogs and games that are equal opportunity.

Michels Miniaturen - a great blog that allows me to see how they do things in Europe... which by the way, is fantastically.  Michel has a great sense of both architecture and diorama, plus his club looks like a hoot! I think I need to send them some Wooden Wars models.


And last but not least, "Serrez les Rangs!"- Wherein an English born, Canadian raised fellow who lives in Japan manages to prolifically produce awesome games and material. I love Napoleonics, and am always learning something cool from Robert's Blog!

ALL are great sites and worthy of your perusal! There were runners up/my favorites as well, such as Big Red Bat cave and Carmen'sfun Painty time, and Saxon Dog,  but they have a bajillion Followers already.

Again, thank you, and keep those comments coming!

4 comments:

  1. You're most welcome and VERY deserving! Skull and Crown is awesome! And thanks for the promo and for some new blogs for me to check out. -d.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Very deserved. I'll head on over t the links you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a close one....
    For a minute there I thought we were getting another notice from FCC standards and practices division. Most of their violations seem to involve the 18th century I guess. Thank you Mr. Foss I will buy a round for the crew in your honor and inform them we are one step closer to a Nobel Prize in Bawdy humor.

    Cheers!
    Mr. Christian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caveat- you slay me,and I find myself simultaneously chuckling and self censoring this comment.

    Thanks to all for your well wishes, and keep posted for more shenanigans!

    Regards,
    Thomas Foss

    ReplyDelete