5/9/16

Hey Sailor...

"There are three sorts of people; those who are alive, those who are dead, and those who are at sea."
                   - Old Capstan Chantey attributed to Anacharsis, 6th Century BC

Officers and crew hit the beach looking for buried Rum!


Wooden Wars Sailors

After getting the HMS Smeagol under way, I  had to crew her. So I set about getting some lines on paper to make some Sailors. This is something that has been on my mind for a long while, and after one long night at the drawing table, I had a good start at what I needed. 


Boarding party showing off variations with just two arms

Back view. jackets with and without cutlasses. 

Gun crew variations
Skip forward 3 weeks later, I had them vectorized, cut, and 20 of them painted and ready for action.  As Wooden Wars models go, the design is not that complicated (sailors are not hussars) , but then again, they don't need to be. With three head variations and 7 arm variations, you can get a pretty decent mix.  I'll no doubt add a few more scruffy headed variations to the roster at some point. 

Those look like Naval officers to me...

 Officers- Hollywood style

The one thing I don't have time for before the conventions upcoming  is designing Naval officers. So, in the best Hollywood traditions, I faked it. My officers are a French and British foot officer, painted all "Naval like".  I think without too many close ups and in the heat of action, and considering the average age of my players will be 12, I think they'll pass muster. 
Cutting out party launches




 


 

1 comment: