4/21/20

Throw back Tuesday- Bane Blade terrain piece


Blasted from the Past


I found this picture while digging through some old boxes. Back in the early 90's I managed to score some mis casts from my friend Tim DuPertuis, owner of Armor Cast. I think I traded him some of the Bunkers I made for them.

I made 4 terrain pieces from the bits I got. A bunker made out of a Reaver Titan carapace, a reaver arm in a crater,  a reaver gun with some built up area, and this knocked out Ginormous baneblade tank. 

We used to game at our local game store, Gamescape, and I had all of these pieces in the display case there.  One day I got a call from Dianna, the store manager. Robin Williams had come into the store and liked all my pieces and wanted to buy them!  I had met Robin a few times previous to this, as we both lived in the Castro district at the time. By now, he had bought his house in the Sea Cliff area (a really cool, yet posh part of San Francisco).

After talking a bit, We settled on a price and picked them up. Later, Robin commissioned me to paint up a set of commissars for him, which I delivered to his house. I got to see some of his eldar collection, which was vast!

I hope that Robin had fun playing with these pieces. I'm not sure what happened to them. Someone on FB said that his daughter Zelda was posting pics of his toys and asking questions about what they were, so maybe they will pop back up.






5 comments:

  1. That's an awesome story, sir! I miss Mr Williams. How were the paint jobs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for sharing your article, This is an interesting & informative blog. It is very useful for the promoter like me.
    Iamcafee is an oriented antivirus software for pc or mobiles. McAfee items ensure that each need of the clients is satisfied. So IaMcAfee items are structured in light of keeping this. This is the reason there are such a large number of McAfee programming accessible on the web. Be it McAfee Total Protection,
    mcafee.com/activate | mcafee login | install mcafee with activation code

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mcafee Total Protection Login: https://mcafeepro.com Visit the website in order to Get Started with the McafeePro Total Protection Login and Activation or you may also contact us anytime at our Toll-free number to get help for McAfee Activate or Install.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Mcafee Login Mobile: Wow ! I like your post, Thank you for sharing Such kind of information. It is very useful for the promoter like me. McafeePro antivirus I personally used for 7 years its popular virus protection software antivirus which secures your laptop and mobile devices from the virus. You can log in by using McAfee login mobile. For more information visit our Web site:https://mcafeepro.com/

    ReplyDelete