7/4/18

Wee Battle tackle

Sword is 30cm long, shield is 28cm.
I'm heading up to the north lands (of Montreal) tomorrow for a wedding, and will get to meet a good friends wee son for the first time. I have made the young prince some battle tackle for his upcoming 1 year old adventures.

The sword blade is poplar, with Oak hilt. The handle is velvet ribbon. I was inspired by the Rohirrim on this design.  The shield is 3mm birch plywood with poplar handle. the boss is made out of a metal ramekin. Normally I just epoxy them on, but they take some smacking, so this time I riveted it on for extra support.

You can see more projects of wee war gear here.
http://skullandcrown.blogspot.com/2009/12/battle-tackle-elf-style.html

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. 30mm!? Surely it’s bigger than that. Do you mean cm? Beautifully made, love the shield pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eghad- you are correct sir! I need to fix that.

      Cheers,
      Ths

      Delete
  2. I had daughters but would have done the same thing for sons had I had them. Well done - a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. General- my daughter has her own shields and swords. We are equal opportunity vikings, here. :)

      Cheers!

      Delete